Universal Music Enterprises is proud to announce the soundtrack album of exclusive a cappella mash-ups and medleys from Universal Pictures' Pitch Perfect, a musical comedy about the cutthroat world of college music competitions. "We wanted to remain current as well as bring back some classic songs that might not have been heard in a while," explains Julianne Jordan, one of the soundtrack producers and one of the film's executive music producers. "It's a pretty eclectic mix, with several different genres and time periods represented. The mash-ups take the movie to another level." "We only used songs that creatively work a cappella," says soundtrack producer and the film's other executive music producer Julia Michels. "There were no instruments involved at all." The album's exclusive mash-ups include the film's The Barden Bellas combining Ace of Base's "The Sign" and La Roux's "Bulletproof," as well as Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are (Amazing)" and Nelly's "Just a Dream." The movie's Treblemakers perform a medley of Cee Lo Green's "Bright Lights Bigger City" and B.o.B's "Magic" along with a medley that combines Ace of Base's "The Sign" and Bangles' "Eternal Flame." The finale features a gala mash-up of Jessie J's "Price Tag," Simple Minds' "Don t You Forget About Me," Pitbull's "Give Me Everything," Bruno Mars' "Just the Way You Are (Amazing)," Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" and Gloria Estefan's "Turn the Beat Around." The film's original medleys include "Ladies of the 80s" (Toni Basil's "Mickey," Madonna's "Like a Virgin" and Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot") and "Songs About Sex" (Rihanna's "S&M," Salt N' Pepa's "Let s Talk About Sex," Boyz II Men's "I ll Make Love to You," Foreigner's "Feels Like the First Time" and Blackstreet's "No Diggity"). Roc Nation singer/songwriter/co-star Ester Dean (Rihanna, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, R. Kelly, Britney Spears, Lil Wayne) and co-star Skylar Astin join together for a newly arranged soundtrack version of Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone," while star Anna Kendrick does a solo turn on the Internet viral sensation "Cups," originally performed by J. E. Mountaineers and Lulu and the Lampshades. There are also covers by the Treblemakers of Rihanna's "Don t Stop the Music" and The Dazz Band's "Let It Whip," while promising new artist My Name Is Kay is a featured performer on a cover of Flo Rida's "Right Round."
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.