Product Description Promises And Lies by UB40 Amazon.com It's no coincidence that UB40's biggest hits and most pleasurable songs have been their reggae-rock remakes of other acts' songs--Neil Diamond's "Red Red Wine," Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe," the Chi- Lites' "Homely Girl," Bob Dylan's "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight," and so on. Only 1 of the 11 numbers on Promises and Lies is a cover tune, but the band's remake of Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love" is a real treat. Featured in the film Sliver, the ballad gets a new momentum from UB40's horns and rhythm section and finds its obsessive quality reinforced by the reggae-dub echoes. The album also includes "Reggae Music," a delightful dancehall workout which neatly balances Astro's reggae toasting against Ali and Robin Campbell's sweetly sung pop-soul hook. Unfortunately, the other 9 songs are full of steady grooves and admirable sentiments but little in the way of melody or fresh ideas that might separate them from hundreds of similar reggae exercises. --Geoffrey Himes
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.